Pages

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Kickstarter Tuesday


Here's this week's Top 5 Kickstarter Games; a very indie selection this week.

Sneaky Ninja by Starfall Studios
A Mario-meets-Mark of the Ninja 2D stealth platformer for PC/Mac/Linux and Wii U. Use your weapons and your wit to escape the enemies!



Funding Goal -
$10,000 by Thursday 12th March

My Opinion - A humorous platformer that has a really nice graphics style as well.  Although the game has been created they want to make it bigger and better with this Kickstarter Campaign.  Check it out and see if you want to help fund its expansion; I know I will be.

Kickstarter Link

Developer Website

Arco by Last Minute Games
A fast-paced puzzle RPG set in a fantasy world. Fight hordes of monsters, meet quirky characters and challenge epic bosses.


Funding Goal - kr165,000 (Danish) by Monday 16th March

My Opinion - I'm a big fan of tower defence games and although Arco isn't strictly tower defence, the mechanics of it are pretty similar.  The story, world and gameplay look really well thought through and I could see myself playing this for an hour here and there when I should be working!




Mini Racing Adventures by Minimo Studios
A fun yet challenging side scrolling physics based 3D racer for iOS & Android. A game aimed to remind all, of the kid in each of us.


Funding Goal - $5,000 by Wednesday 18th March

My Opinion - I really like the look of Mini Racing Adventures with it's crazy physics and potential for crazy jumps and crashes.  It is being developed for mobile devices and if I could play this on my commute, I'd be a very happy man.



Azmara by Rollplay Games Ltd
Action/Adventure RPG inspired by SNES and Gameboy classics. Reinvented for your Android and iOS phones and tablets!




Funding Goal - $20,000 (Canadian) by Thursday 2nd April

My Opinion - As you can see, Azmara harks back to an old-school style of RPG.  What makes it stick out for me though, is the game engine that blends 2d and 3d together.  It is another mobile game and one I wish I would have been able to play when I did a two-hour commute each way every day.



The Floor is Made of Lava by Salvadora Studios
Take on the role of Jimmy as he searches for his brother. Traverse his transformed house, and battle the creatures that have invaded.



Funding Goal - $60,000 (Canadian) by Friday 13th March

My Opinion - I've always sucked at hardcore platform games, ever since playing the original Sonic on the Master System.  However The Floor is Made of Lava has such a charm behind it that I couldn't leave it off this week's list.  Check out the video above and their Kickstarter page to see for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment