Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Greenlight Wednesday

Here's my Top 5 Greenlight Games of the week:

The Darkside DetectiveWhere cultists crawl, where demons dwell, where the occult… occults? you’ll find Detective Francis McQueen, the sole member of the criminally underfunded Darkside Division. When evil darkens the doorsteps of Twin Lakes City – hell, even when it just loiters around shop fronts or hangs out in shady alleyways – he’s there, ready to investigate the cases that nobody else will. He is The Darkside Detective.


My Opinion - There aren't enough innovative detective games out there but The Darkside Detective fits the bill for me. I tried the demo today and it is really engaging and fun.  Give it vote on greenlight!

Demo Link

Home is Where One Starts 
Home is Where One Starts is a short, first-person exploration game in the same vein as Dear Esther or Gone Home. It’s a story about childhood, memory, and hope. Exploring the lonely countryside reveals clues and vignettes which can help the player answer the question of where home is—and how one can get there.


My Opinion - There seems to be more and more of these story-light yet beatifully created worlds.  I'm all for this though, sometimes you want a bit of quit introspection instead of an FPS or a brain-heavy strategy game.  I'm looking forward to 30 minutes here and there on Home is Where One Starts to escape from it all.



Orc Assault
Once upon a time all was peaceful and serene in the far off land of Camalon, but the silence has been broken as the Orc hordes have returned to the kingdom to claim the land that they once held sacred. The only thing stopping them from conquering the innocent people of Camalon is your arsenal of weapons and advanced research towers.


My Opinion - I like tower defence games, I like fantasy-themed games and I like most things that include orcs; added to that there is going to be Oculus Rift support.  I'm sold on this one.



Infernax
Infernax is our tribute to the NES era. Basically, if we had been devs back then, this is the gameBerzerk Studio would have came up with. We did our best to capture everything that made games captivating, challenging and sometimes frustrating in that era and give it the Berzerk treatment.  Gameplay wise, it's a side scrolling platformer with some RPG elements, you gather spells, armors and weapons all while exploring a vast world and destroying everything that moves on the screen, it's a game for simpler times.

My Opinion - A side-scrolling hardcore RPG in the NES style. Looks like good fun and if you like RPGs back from the 80s or early 90s it is definitely worth a look.




Stargazer
When stargazer Zach watches the sky one night, he sees a star fall and land in the nearby woods. He rushes to check it out, only to find that out the star was actually a girl, and with her, magic returns to the world.


My Opinion - Another old-school RPG with Stargazer, although much more in the style of a JRPG.  The plot reminds me of the film Stardust (a film I like) and overall the game has a real charm.  A demo of the game is also available on the game website.


No comments:

Post a Comment