Pages

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Kickstarter Tuesday

Some great new games on Kickstarter this week; here's my top 5:

Izzy's Revenge by Indie4Fun
Be Izzy, a young inventor who has challenged all Steelbridge guilds. There's only a way out, so get your weapon. You're gonna need it!


Funding Goal - $55,000 by Thursday 5th March

My Opinion - With a steam-punk setting, female lead and a great back-story, I'm loving the look of Izzy's Revenge. Also make sure to vote for it on Greenlight.





Underworld Ascendant by OtherSide Entertainment
Join the original team behind Ultima Underworld on a quest to rekindle this legendary fantasy RPG series.


Funding Goal - $600,000 by Friday 6th March

My Opinion - If you ever played Ultima Underworld you will remember how awesome it was.  To have it recreated and updated is a dream come true. Simply put, this game has to happen!



Seaworthy by Mildly Competent Games
A pirate adventure roguelike featuring RTS combat and brutal 16bit graphics - inspired by great games like FTL and Sid Meier's Pirates


Funding Goal - $44,000 by Tuesday 10th March

My Opinion - A new way of presenting a pirate themed game and if it lives up to Sid Meier's Pirates then I'll definitely be giving this a go.



Windwalkers by Forge Animation
An ACTION RPG for PC, single/multi-player with co-op, set in a new sci-fi and fantasy world where you have to survive.


Funding Goal - $330,000 (Canadian) by Friday 6th March

My Opinion - As you can see from the trailer, Windwalkers looks amazing and it also has a great back-story.  If they pull off what they want to, this could be a great game.



Orion Trail by Schell Games
A science fiction space adventure game where you must rely on your wit, your officers, and your spaceship to survive.



Funding Goal - $90,000 by Friday 13th March

My Opinion - If like me, you were rather disappointed with Star Command you will be forgiven for looking at games like this with some scepticism.  However I'm an optimist and I think this could live up to everything Star Command originally promised and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment