Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Greenlight Wednesday

Another bumper week on Greenlight this week, here's my Top 5:

Karaski: What Goes Up... by Unbound Creations
Slavic-Steampunk RPG Adventure unraveling a plot onboard the world's first Airship!Focus on Nonlinear Investigation, Exploration, Stealth and Dialogue. Inspired as indie mish-mash of classics including Deus Ex, Arcanum, 30 Flights of Loving and Jazzpunk 

My Opinion - Probably the first Slavic-Steampunk RPG (apologies if I'm wrong) but based on this, I really hope it isn't the last! It is a superb concept and I know the art isn't finished, but I actually really like the blocky graphics; it gives a certain retro feel to things. I will be following this one with a lot of interest.

Greenlight Link

Developer Website


Spellsworn by Frogsong Studios
Spellsworn is an Online Player vs. Player Arena, where wizards use their wits and spells to wage war in a constantly changing arena.



My Opinion - 
It looks like exactly the kind of game I would be rubbish at but also have a lot of fun failing at! It is a really good idea though and with upgradable spells and customisable characters, there is a lot of potential with this game.

Greenlight Link

Developer Website


Reflections by Broken Window Studios
Reflections is a real-world adventure game where every action you take has meaningful consequences that radically shape the experience. The game takes a new approach to story, where everything you do can be woven into a narrative that drastically changes, thanks to our Storyteller engine.


My Opinion -
Brilliant concept by a very good developer.  I've always liked the idea of a game like this and to see it as a reality is going to be very interesting.

Greenlight Link

Developer Website

Barbara-ian by Studio Owlbear
Break-neck dungeoneering with 1 hit point. You play Barbara-ian, a mythical badass with perma-rage & a penchant for smashing. Featuring super fast paced physics based mayhem, one hit is all that stands between you and a quick restart

My Opinion - It look like hardcore dungeon-crawling for gaming masochists!  Love the idea though and look forward to trying it out.

House of Caravan by Rosebud Games
A spine-tingling horror adventure, House of Caravan takes place in a single mansion in Candlewood, northeast USA, in the early 20th Century. Stepping into the role of a young boy captured by strangers on his way to school, you’ll be tasked with exploring the house, uncovering clues as to your kidnapping, while attempting to find a way out. 


My Opinion - It looks fantastic and if the gameplay lives up to expecations it has the potential to be a very worthwhile puzzle / horror adventure.  Greenlit by me.

Greenlight Link

Developer Website

No comments:

Post a Comment