Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

Early Access Thursday

Four very interesting and different early access games this week to get our teeth in to:

1. StarCrawlers by Juggernaut Games
Crawlers Wanted: high pay, certain risk. Plausible deniability a must.
Build a crew of renegade adventurers on the fringes of space, taking jobs from megacorps to hunt bounties, sabotage rivals and conduct corporate espionage. If you can navigate the intricate politics of wealth and power, you might just survive long enough to spend your hard-won credits.




Price - £14.99

My Opinion - A great new take on dungeon crawling with a sci-fi setting.  I'm a big fan of tactical turn-based combat as well so this looks like a winner for me.



2. ShellShock Live by kChamp Games
Demolish your friends with hundreds of upgradable weapons shot from your very own customizable tank in this action-packed online multiplayer tanks game. Fully destructible terrain and powerful new items make each battle unique. Earn XP to level up and unlock new tanks, weapons, and gear. Fight against or alongside your friends for strategic team or free-for-all matches.



Price - £10.99 or £29.99 for a 4-pack

My Opinion - A fun-looking physics-based tank shoot-em-up...not a sentence I've used before.  This looks like it will be particularly good multi-player fun and absolute carnage.



3. Warlocks by Frozen District
Warlocks is an action RPG/brawler game set in a fantasy world invaded by shadow monsters. Playing as an incredibly powerful Warlock and, by using magic skills and weapons, you fight through hordes of enemies. The game places great focus on co-op and versus play between players, where you can fight in 1-4 player DeathMatch or in teams of 1v1 or 2v2.



Price - £10.59 or £29.99 for a 4-pack

My Opinion - An old-school arcade game, reminiscent of Metal Slugs and Golden Axe, two games I spent a lot of money on in arcades back in the 90s.  Looks like a lot of fun, particularly if you have a group of 4 to run through it with.



4. Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game by Camshaft Software
Automation allows the player to become an armchair CEO - to build their own car company from the ground up. Create and run anything from a boutique supercar manufacturer to a mass-market multinational mogul. With powerful tools like the Engine Designer, the player can create cars and their engines in mind-boggling detail.



Price - £22.99

My Opinion - I'm not a big car fan but I do like management games and Automation has all the features I'd want from such a game.  My lack of car knowledge might hamper my enjoyment but I'm sure if you are a car nut, then this is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment