Pages

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Kickstarter Tuesday

After an unexpected holiday over Easter I'm back and normal service will be resumed.  After my hiatus, I've picked out a quick top 5 of interesting Kickstarter projects from the last couple of weeks.

1. Izle by Ynnis Interactive
Izle is a 3D procedural action-adventure RPG where your quest is to rebuild the last world of Light using terraforming powers.


Funding Goal - $90,000 by Friday 1st May

My Opinion - Atmosphere, music, story and gameplay all combine to produce a wonderful game that is well worth a look.


2. Visions of Zosimos by Forever Interactive
Alchemical MMOCCG -Magic the Gathering meets Warhammer Fantasy in this Historical Fiction/Fantasy CCG/Strategy game.



Funding Goal - $4,000 by Monday 4th May

My Opinion - I'm a big fan of CCGs. having been hooked on Magic in secondary school.  From my first impressions it looks visually very good and has significant depth for different strategies to win - not something that every CCG has.


Game Website

3. Forgotten Trail by 7 Generation Games
Two teenagers travel across the continent to retrace the path of their Ojibwe ancestors. Available on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad.

 

Funding Goal - $50,000 by Saturday 18th April

My Opinion - A nice idea to combine education with a video game, something I wish there was more of, if only to improve the reputation of gaming in the media and with parents.



4. Star-Bored by Michael Flynn
Take on the role of Chief Auditor for the Bureaucratic Imperium, and hunt down rebel terrorists while exploring a vast, dynamic galaxy

Funding Goal - £4,000 by Sunday 3rd May

My Opinion - A nice twist on traditional sci-fi stories, this time you get to be part of the evil empire.  It looks interesting and the dark comedy behind it should make it an enjoyable play.

Kickstarter Link

5. Samsara by Kristian Skistad
Transform between different Chinese Zodiac animals and use their unique skills to overcome the ever-changing Gauntlet of Enlightenment.

Funding Goal - $3,500 by Friday 8th May

My Opinion - My left-field pick is Samsara, a charming platformer where you can change between different animals of the zodiac to overcome different challenges / obstacles.


No comments:

Post a Comment